Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Zacapa medical news update

Hi everyone,
I haven't been able to get a real update.  Just some news from Sergio who is looking after the patients and doing a great job at it.
The last woman who turned up unexpectedly and we sent off with the other three, had her ultrasound and xray and from what I can understand has gallstones but they do not have space to operate on her in their busy schedule....so she is waiting to come back and we will see what we can do to help  her later.
I am told that Creencia had her operation but that they were not able to remove all the cancer. Now this is something that Sergio heard from the nurse and we don't know what this really means yet. 
The other two women have had their operations and are in recovery and as far as I know, doing well.
Apparently someone is going to call me tomorrow with more information.
I am really anxious to know what the situation is for Creencia and I am hoping that it will be some good news.
As soon as I hear more, I will let you know.
Sergio says it is really, really hot there.  Hard for a young man used to the mountains of the highlands.
Sharon
Sharon Smart-Poage
MAYAN FAMILIES
a registered 501.(c).(3) Non Profit Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment